Monday, March 19, 2012

Summer In the winter

So the past few days have been pretty hot over here in Chicago. While many Chicagoans love the warm weather, this (pointing to self) chick, does not. Not only do I not like 80 degree weather because it makes me sweat like crazy... ewww... but I do not like it because I know that it is probably an effect of global warming. I keep hearing people talking about all the great weather, and all I can think is: you stupid people! Don't you realize global warming is killing us, and further more killing our planet. A few  months ago I read about polar bears and how because of global warming they have less time to fish for food and as an effect they are wandering into towns looking for food. This is deeply saddening to me, especially because this may cause the polar bears to become extinct. Sigh.... while the rest of Chicago celebrates the warm weather I will be mourning the loss of winter and the imminent extinction of our wildlife and eventually of the human race. It ain't easy being Dora, but it sure as hell ain't easy being a polar bear, or any of the other animals...

No comments:

Post a Comment